Mold Remediation and Restoration
- 24-Hour Emergency Service
- Faster to Any Size Disaster
- Highly Trained Mold Remediation Technicians
- Specialized Mold Remediation Equipment
- A Trusted Leader in the Restoration Industry
- Locally Owned and Operated
Mold remediation and restoration requires the skill and knowledge of professionals such as those at SERVPRO of Bellmore / Wantagh. Mold can be particularly difficult to detect and remove. Even the smallest leak or moisture intrusion can create a perfect environment for mold to grow. Depending on the location of the leak, it may be very hard to detect and may cause respiratory distress for the home occupants for days, weeks or even months before it is ever found.
Our technicians have the knowledge and equipment to properly diagnose mold related issues and return the home to its pre-mold state with cleaner and more breathable air. Even hard-to-find mold sources can be detected with our specialized, sensitive equipment.
Because of our experience with mold related damage, our restoration services run the gamut and include the preservation and cleaning of mold damaged structural features through to demolition and removal of infested materials such as wood and drywall. We not only clean up the mold, but we find the source and shut it down.
When you realize that you may have a mold problem, you may be unsure as to how to proceed. We encourage you to use our comprehensive mold guide to receive the tips you need to ensure that mold does not take over your home. From there, we look forward to helping you restore your home using cutting edge diagnostic and remediation techniques.
If You See Signs of Mold,
Call Us Today – (516) 809-9600
Confusion and misunderstanding surround the topic of mold and mold remediation. Some restoration businesses even make claims to remove all mold from a building. This is a fallacy. Mold spores occur naturally almost everywhere, both indoors and outdoors. These microscopic spores float along in the air and can enter a home or business through windows and HVAC systems. Consider these facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic and float along in the air and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor and can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
Why Choose SERVPRO of Bellmore / Wantagh?
We’re Faster to Any Size Disaster
A minor mold problem can quickly become a major infestation if left untreated. We can start the remediation process immediately after you contact us. A faster response lessens the mold damage, limits additional damage, and reduces the remediation cost.
We’re Highly Trained Mold Remediation Specialists
We are trained mold damage specialists who get started quickly to get your home or business back to normal, with specific training and certifications to handle your restoration needs.
- Applied Microbial Remediation Specialist
- Water Damage Restoration Technician
- Applied Structural Drying Technician
We Use Advanced Mold Remediation Techniques and Equipment
Our initial focus is to stop the source of water feeding the mold. We then isolate the affected area using a negative air pressure chamber. We invest in ongoing mold remediation training and the latest equipment to serve you better
The Mold Remediation Process
Every mold damage scenario is different, and requires a unique solution, but the general mold remediation process stays the same. The steps listed below illustrate our “typical” process:
- Emergency Contact - (516) 809-9600
- Inspection and Mold Damage Assessment
- Mold Containment
- Air Filtration
- Removing Mold and Mold-Infested Materials
- Cleaning Contents and Belongings
Common Mold Misconceptions
With sensational news stories and misleading advertising, you can easily understand why so many people are misinformed about indoor mold. Learn the facts about mold and the mold remediation process.
Locally Owned Company with National Resources
SERVPRO of Bellmore / Wantagh is locally owned and operated—so we live and work here too and are proud to be part of the Bellmore community. When you have a water or mold damage issue, we’re already nearby and ready to help.
We are also part of a national network of over 1,700 SERVPRO Franchises and special Disaster Recovery Teams strategically located throughout the country to respond to large scale disasters.
We are proud to serve our local communities: