If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (516) 809-9600

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

What should you Do if your Pipes Burst!

6/21/2018 (Permalink)

If you are unfortunate enough to have a burst pipe, follow these steps:

Turn off your water supply at the main valve. Your main water valve can be located in a variety of places. If you have a home with a basement or crawlspace, it is probably located on an interior wall near the front of the house. In this case, it is most likely hiding in plain sight. If your home was built on a slab, the valve might be located near the hot water heater or inside your garage. It may also be located in an underground cement box near your front curb. To learn where your main water valve is, consult your property inspection report or call your local utility company or plumbing professional.

If the burst pipe is a hot water line, make sure to also turn off the water valve at the top of your hot water heater.

Once you have turned off the main water valve, call a plumber.
If your water meter is frozen, contact your local Water Department. 

 If your broken pipe has caused water damage to your home or business, call SERVPRO of Bellmore / Wantagh at (516) 809-9600 to dry it out before it causes more damage.

Other News

View Recent Posts